Dec 4, 2007

New Giglée Print 'Naked'






A new giglée print has been made, this time of an old drawing of mine from 1981 when I was a student at the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb, Croatia. I made it after an open-air concert where I was intoxicated not only by the music and beer but also by resting my head in the lab of a gorgeous young man, this was a cocktail that made my head and body spin.



The text in the sketchbook from 9th of May 1981:
...At a (open air) rock concert, drinking beer, it is hot, the music hard, there is not one thought in my mind. Am a little drunk and have enjoyed a mans body as my pillow, all my instincts are slowly surfacing, forgot the music, everything, except the caress.
And now the concert is over
I could have eaten him right there on the lawn

The edition is 148 prints and comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by master printer and artist. Print size: 14 x 21 cm + white border

Prize included shipping worldwide: 150 Euro / 1120 Dkr.
For viewing and/or purchase go to: http://www.deerlake-editions.com/prints_06.html
or send mail directly to: hind@deerlake-editions.com

For newsletter about the print send a mail to hind@deerlake-editions.com and write ‘newsletter’ in the subject line



At the moment I’m occupied with the thoughts of transferring the old archetypes and symbols of mankind into present times. Working on a huge canvas 180 x 180 cm with a liberated, happy and free Eve in Paradise, without shame and guilt and other useless feelings that has been connected to this female symbol through various religions for thousands of years. But I feel I need to liberate myself before being able to finish the painting, so I also make drawings in order to find into the true meaning of the real woman and real man.




No comments: